Saturday, September 11, 2010

Intro

Hey,

My name is Mariessa Shein and this is my last quarter here at OU. I am graduating early so I can move to Israel in January (as long as I can get an internship or job). I have been an English major since my first quarter here at OU 3 years ago. As I was working my way through my general education classes I decided to add a Jewish studies certificate and an Italian studies certificate. I have been studying Italian since I was in high school although I have sadly not spoken any Italian in about a year.
This past summer I was an editorial intern at United Media in NY. I edited comics, all types of puzzles and a few columns. I absolutely loved my job and hope to find an editorial position in Israel. I have been writing poetry on and off for the past 8 years, but I have had writers block for the past 6 months so only having to edit others work still gave me a creative outlet while not having to actually be the writer. I am pretty shy about letting people see my poetry, but last year I was a peer mentor and my students convinced me to read my poetry on stage at open mic night at Donkey. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life, but I got through it and actually read at open mic night a few more times before my writers block happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment