Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Intro to Kyle

Hello, my name's Kyle and I'm a senior English Major from the west side of Cincinnati. I've always been interested in history, the way people think and are, as well as writing and reading literature. Right before I graduated Oak Hills high school we read All the King's Men which was not the sort of book I would seek out for pleasure reading but I ended up getting really into it and the way the author described and dissected his characters. All the King's Men reaffirmed to me the value of literature and I was reading it while I was struggling to decide what to do for college. It ended up being an extra shove towards choosing English, so far I'm satisfied with my choice. I'm weighing my options about the future, this'll be the first time I have this many choices. I've been thinking about the Peace Corps lately for a few different reasons, besides the obvious ones, I'd like to hold onto the little Spanish I've learned and actually keep it, rather than forget it all in two years. Also it's a free way to get my foot in the traveling door. If that doesn't go through I've been looking at a few different cities in that America place you hear so much about that I'd like to check out, or maybe do the whole adventuring in the woods thing before the student loans start to staple me to the job market. Fascinating facts......uuh, I just got about a foot or so of hair cut off after about six years...and, uh, damn.. I like hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment